Note: This waffle recipe makes 8 waffles. Reduce recipe to half to make 4 waffles.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 7-8 minutes for each batch of waffles
250gm plain flour (2 cups)
1 tsp soda bicarbonate (cooking soda)
1 tbsp sugar
2 egg yolks (beaten)
500 ml whole milk
80 gm butter (melted)
2 egg whites (whisked to stiff peaks)
4 tbsp Honey / maple syrup
1 tsp Cinnamon powder
- Sift dry ingredients into a bowl.
- Combine wet ingredients into another bowl and gradually add to the dry ingredients, making sure you keep stirring lightly.
- When you have done this, fold in the egg whites.
- Spray the waffle plates lightly with oil and heat up.
- Spoon 4-5 level dessert spoons of the mixture on to each side of the waffle or till the black squares on the plate cannot be seen anymore. (Do not overfill the plate.)
- Lock the lid and cook for approx 7-8 minutes till golden brown and crispy.
- If you want the waffle to be soft and moist, cook for approx 4-5
- To serve, drizzle with maple syrup / golden syrup / honey cinnamon or banana and vanilla ice cream.
- Enjoy !
I make my waffles in Morphy Richards Toast Waffle and Grill 3 in 1 Sandwich Maker and this waffle recipe is perfect for that. If you’re using some other device to make your waffles, please try half the quantity first to test how they come out.