My signature Toasted Cheese Sandwich Recipe makes 4 triangular Cheese toasties. You can serve them for breakfast or a midday meal.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- Bread – 4 slices. Brown or white, depending on taste. I prefer brown.
- Cheese Cubes – 3 no. I use Amul Cheese Cubes.
- SunDried Tomatoes (you can get them at a good supermarket) – 5 medium sized.
- Cilantro / Coriander leaves – from 10 stalks.
How to make the Cheese Sandwich / Cheese Toastie:
- Dice the cheese cubes into smaller 1/2 inch cubes.
- Remove the leaves from the cilantro stalks and chop them finely.
- Cut the sundried tomatoes into squares of about 1/2 cm.
- Take the bread slice and arrange half the cheese cubes on it.
- Sprinkle Sun Dried tomato pieces. Make sure they are evenly spread and not clumped up in a few places.
- Top it up with chopped cilantro.
- Cover it with the other slice of bread and toast it like you normally would till evenly browned.
- Serve the Toasted Cheese Sandwich with Tomato Ketchup or Mustard.
Note: If using a sandwich maker with non-stick plates, avoid adding oil to reduce on calorie intake though it will make slightly dry.
I use the Morphy Richards Toast, Waffle and Grill Sandwich Maker (Silver and Black) to make my toasties.