About Mama Earth India
Mama Earth is a brand, by a parent, for the parent. It was started when Ghazal and Varun were expecting their first child. That’s the time they turned from a bungee jumping, pub hopping, carefree couple to safety wardens (I’ve been there, done that !). Everything had to be safe, kosher and googled. But they found out that none of the baby products available in the market were really safe. They all claimed to be safe but had toxic ingredients. So they wore their spy glasses and did all the possible research available and decided to do something about the toxicity in baby products as they were worried about the safety of not only their child but others as well. That’s when they created Mama Earth baby products in India which are completely safe and certified toxin free. Mama Earth claims to be a brand which develops products from world class research and attempts to solve every little problem that we as parents face. With the aim of making products which are mum-baby friendly, toxin-free, meet stringent international standards, MamaEarth was born.
Mama Earth Baby Products
Mama Earth has a selection of baby products for 0-5 years old. Below is the list of products in the Mama Earth product line:
- Natural insect repellent
- Moisturising Daily Lotion for babies
- Gentle Cleansing Shampoo
- Deeply nourishing Body Wash
- Soothing Massage Oil for babies
- Mineral based Sunscreen lotion
- Diaper Rash cream for babies
Simply because Mama Earth has a Strict No to Toxins policy.
They work with expert formulators to develop the best formulations for the defined problems using best of earth ingredients. These formulations are then submitted for approval to Madesafe.Org where using their expert panels of MD Doctors & scientists they check the formulations for any of the 8000 known toxins. Post passing through these checks & hurdles a formulation gets to be a part of MamaEarth’s Baby Safe product line.
My Experience with Mama Earth Baby Products: A review
I was sent the baby essentials kit by babychakra to introduce Mama Earth products to me and my 4 month old. I’m always apprehensive about new products so I did not want to post a review after the first use or even after a week of usage because you only know how good a product is and that it has not caused any allergies after a longer period of time. Mi turns 7 months old tomorrow and I have finished all the products. In fact, I used them in winters as well as summers so that I will be able to bring a much more detailed review to my readers. This blogpost will give you an overview of Mama Earth baby product reviews but I will review each product in detail in separate blogposts.
Mama Earth products Review:
1. Moisturising Daily Lotion for babies – This lotion contains shea butter and jojoba oil, Aloe vera and Vitamin E. The product is very lightweight and applies very softly. The moisturiser is absorbed into the skin instantly and does not need to be rubbed in. Mi’s body feel velvety soft after the application.
It’s better in summers than winters but will depend on your baby’s skin. I prefer using creams to lotions during winters. It does not have a floral smell nor is it odourless. Do I love the smell? I wasnt a fan of it initially but didn’t mind it either. After using it for 3 months, it has grown on me and assures me that it is not a smell from a synthetic ingredient or additive.
2. Gentle Cleansing Shampoo – Again a very lightweight, gentle, colourless product made from coconut based cleansers. It gives an instant thick foam and using just a drop is enough for new born babies. Mi’s hair have become soft after its application. It does not mention if it is tear free but Mi has never faced a problem with it even when I have thought a little bit has trickled down into eyes with water. It definitely gets my thumbs up for that ! It smells nice.
3. Deeply nourishing body wash – This is again made with coconut based cleansers and foams up really well. A pea size drop is enough for the whole body of a newborn. It does not mention if it’s tear free but Mi has never cried even if a little water with the wash has gone into her eyes so I’m assuming it does has tear free properties. Both shampoo and body wash smell similar and that a good thing. I dont want to have too many smells around my baby.
4. Soothing Massage oil for babies – The massage oil is a natural blend of cold pressed sesame oil, pure almond, jojoba and olive oil. It is colourless and lightweight. I’m not a fan of the smell and used the oil only when I was travelling as it was super easy to carry and comes in a leak bottle. I personally prefer Dabur Lal Tail for massaging Mi as it is an age old Ayurvedic secret passed on from generation to generation.