I have been using Morphy Richards Toast Waffle Grill Sandwich Maker for around 2 years now so I thought, this was a good time to review it on the blog ! I have to say I’m very happy with the product as it a perfect multitasker. It has 3 kinds of removable plates to toast waffle grill as you can see in the image below.Model: Morphy Richards Toast, Waffle and Grill Sandwich Maker (Silver and Black) Price: Rs. 4395 but you can get it from Rs. 3900 on sale. I utilized a coupon I got from Indiatimes shopping to buy this model.
My favourite is the waffle plate as waffles are something that you don’t usually make at home and I tried my favourite waffle recipe only because of this toast waffle grill sandwich maker from Morphy Richards. You can see my sweet waffle recipe here.
It makes two waffles together and takes about 4-5 minutes for soft waffles and 7-8 minutes for crisp waffles. The end result are waffles cooked to perfection just the way I like it. You can also try the savory waffles served with eggs although I don’t make them too often.
TIP: Make sure you don’t forget to place the small footplate provided to rest under the left hand feet of the machine to ensure that it is levelled for the waffle mixture (The support is required as this appliance has been designed with a small incline to ensure that the fat/oil drains away when the grill plate is in use).
Toastie / Sandwich Maker:
My most used obviously is the toaster attachment. I love how the sandwiches come out nice and crisp with the use of minimal butter /oil / fat.
TIP: Lightly butter the bread on the outside to get perfectly crisp toasties otherwise they tend to be dry.
ALSO SEE: My Toasted Cheese Sandwich Recipe
Grill Sandwich Maker / Griller:
This is the attachment that I rarely use but has always goven good results whenever I have used to it either grill stakes or just make grill sandwiches. Butter the bread slightly on the outside to get perfect grill sandwiches. Oil the stake / meat for grilling and the excess fat / oil will drain out on its own.
TIP: Make sure you have removed the footplate under the left foot so that the machine is at an incline to drain away excess fat / oil. Also make sure you place the drip tray (comes as an attachment) for excess oil/ fat collection on the left hand side corner of the appliance as directed in the manual.
- Non Stick Plates – Food doesn’t stick to the surface and easy to clean.
- Easy to use
- Well designed and comes with useful attachments.
- Drains excess fat / oil when grilling
- Does not get too hot on the outside
- Doesn’t occupy too much space considering its toast waffle grill capabilities.
- Replacement parts easily available
- Solid build quality
- Have been using it for 2 years and there has been no breakage or chipping.
- Good quality non stick plating – No scratches or discolouring (provided you clean them with soft sponge or in a dishwasher).
- Plates are dishwasher safe.
- Takes a little longer than I would like it to.
- Would have loved to have a times like a toaster does.