Amazon Prime Day sale is finally here in India – for the first time ever. The sale will start at 6 PM today (July 10, 2017). The Amazon Prime Day sale is an international shopping festival exclusively for Amazon Prime subscribers. The sale runs for 30 hours and is known to be a hit on the US and other countries.
The Prime day sale is known be the biggest and the best ecommerce sale internationally. Amazon offers cashbacks, deep discounts and more. It looks like it will be much better than Flipkart’s Big Billion Days.
What is Amazon Prime Day Sale?
The Amazon Prime Day Sale is a 30 hour online shopping extravaganza exclusively for Amazon Prime members. Amazon will host a ton on offers, Lightning Deals, cashbacks and exclusive launches today and tomorrow starting 6PM today.
Prime Day offers will be available on Amazon mobile app as well as on their website. If you are not a Prime member yet, I suggest you sign up for their prime membership immediately to be a part of the Amazon Prime sale.
When is Amazon Prime Day in 2017
Earlier it was supposed to be on the 11th but the updated prime day 2017 date is today – July 10th 2017, starting 6PM.
Why is Amazon Prime Sale Day 2017 such a big deal?
For two reasons –
- It’s happening for the first time in India.
- With the announcement of GST, retailers are already giving a heavy discount on products to get rid of the old stock. Amazon, will be giving deeper discounts on the already discounted products to keep up its reputation of being the best ecommerce retailer in the world.
What are Lightning Deals?
Amazon Lightning deals are offers that are available only for a short time or on a select number of products. They are available on a first come first serve basis and usually expire in 15 minutes within which time you have to complete the ordering process from adding to cart to making a payment.
There are going to be many more lightning deals during the sale period so keep a track of it. In case, you like an expired deal, join the waitlist and who knows, you might just get lucky ! Now, the only thing to hope for is that the Amazon website works at the speed of light as well !
What to expect from Amazon Prime Day Sale in India?
A lot of discounts on a lot of products ! And see the points below to make the most of it.
- Exclusive product launches: Amazon will be launching exclusive products during the Prime Day sale including smartphones, appliances, fashion, toys, and more. It is expected that the exclusive launches will also include launch-day offers during the sale.
- Blockbuster deals: As with most sales on Amazon India, the Blockbuster deals offer huge discounts on various products. This sale will be no different. Expect a lot of good discounts on most products.
- Amazon Pay offers: Amazon is offering a 20% cashback Amazon Pay balance (Amazon wallet) recharges from 29 June to 11 July. The cashback is capped at Rs. 200.
- HDFC Bank cashback offers: HDFC Bank credit and debit card users will be able to get a 15% cashback for their purchases during the Prime Day sale. The cashback is capped at a max of Rs. 2,000.
- Fire TV Stick deals: You can get Rs.499 cashback in your Amazon Pay balance on new Fire TV Stick purchases. This is over and above the Amazon Pay offer.
- Offers on Electronics and appliances: Prime Day sale will include exciting offers and deals on smartphones, laptops, tablets, LED TVs, and other appliances.
- Offers on Diapers – Diapers are the most consumed product in a household with babies. Amazon is offering 25% extra cashback during the Amazon Prime Day sale.
- Travel Vouchers & Contest – 10 lucky winners get couple vouchers for a holiday in Thailand. There are vouchers for Rs 750 by Make my trip on domestic flights and other offers.
Is it worth subscribing to Amazon Prime for the Prime Day sale?
I think it’s a good deal ! Apart from the fact, that you will be able to access thousands of deals online at Amazon, a Prime membership for Rs. 499 is valid for a year. Plus you also get a 20% cashback upto Rs. 200 on wallet top ups. So that just reduces the Prime membership to Rs. 299 ! And for Rs. 299 you get:
- Prime Video subscription
- Faster Amazon delivery
- Save and subscribe offers for Prime members.
- Exclusive deals and offers
- Early access to deals and offers
All for one whole year ! Click here to become an Amazon Prime member.
How to find the best Prime Day Sale deals in India?
You will be flooded with deals today. It is better to filter by categories you are interested in to spend less time on finding a deal and more time on picking out the products you really need and ordering them. This is especially important with lightning deals.
Go become a Amazon Prime member, if you’re not one already and subscribe to the best deals on the Amazon Prime Day sale today !