Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe (without brown sugar )
You asked, so here it is – my chocolate chip cookie recipe (without brown sugar). This makes 2 batches of insanely delicious chocolate chip cookies crispy outside and chewy inside. Go enjoy !
Ingredients for Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
200 gms butter (room temperature)
2 cups granulated sugar
2 large eggs + 1 egg yolk optional
2 cups + 1 tablespoon flour
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tablespoons buttermilk or whey of homemade paneer or 1 tsp apple cider vinegar / white vinegar
60 gms chocolate chip cookies to mix in (put in more if you want more choco chips in your cookies)
20 gms chocolate chip cookies to sprinkle on top of dough balls before baking
Process for Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- Keep the butter out of the refrigerator for 10-20 minutes depending on the weather where you live. It should be enough to make a dent if you press your finger in it, no too soft, not hard.
- Keeps the eggs out to reach room temperature.
- Line the baking tray with baking paper or butter paper / tracing sheets. You do not need to oil it.
- Preheat the over to 18 degree Celcius just before you start the process below.
- Cream the butter and sugar together till you notice a slight colour change. start with a low speed on your electric mixer and then increase to medium for 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs at room temperature to the mixture and beat them in till it becomes a smooth mixture. Do not overbeat.
- Add vanilla essence
- Add buttermilk/ whey / vinegar / apple cider vinegar
- Sift the flour, baking soda and baking powder into the above mixture 3-4 spoonfuls at a time. This makes sure that we slowly incorporate all the flour without it flying out into your face and also without overbeating the mixture.
- Throw in 60 gms (or more) chocolate chips and mix it up with a spoon.
- You will notice that the mixture becomes dense and sticks to the beating paddles like a roti dough. Touch it – it will be softer than a roti dough of course because it has so much butter in it.
- Take out the dough and spoon it in rough walnut sized balls onto the baking sheet. Keep a distance of 2 inches between each ball to give it space to spread out and not stick to each other.
- take 3-4 chocolate chips and lightly stick them onto the dough balls. Don’t press them in too much, just enough so that they don’t fall.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes at 180 degree celcius.
- Remove them as soon as the bottom of the cookie starts turning golden brown.
- Let them rest of the cookie sheet for 5 minutes before removing as they are still soft.
- Remove them after 5 minutes with the help of a flat turner and let them cook on a wire rack.
PRO TIPs for baking the best chocolate chip cookies:
- Bake them longer if you like hard cookies, lesser of you like crunchy outside, chewy inside. Baking times differ according to ovens and the actual oven temperature. The best way to know your cookie is done is by looking for the slightest browning at the bottom the cookie.
- P.S. You can also use atta if you want to make it healthier for kids and you’re not too finicky about the texture.
- Baking should be therapeutic and easy. Don’t fret, enjoy the process ! And the smell and the taste afterwards, that’s an extra !
- Hope you enjoy baking this chocolate chip cookies recipe (without brown sugar). Let me know how it turned out in your comments below.